Whether this is your first time moving out of Oklahoma or you’re a pro at relocating, we can all agree that moving can be stressful, even for organized people who plan well.
Here are some tips you can use to make the moving process smoother and faster. We’ve divided this post into different sections. Feel free to skip any sections that are not relevant to your situation and jump directly to the tips that work for you.
Before The Move: How To Get Prepared
Here are some hacks you can use to get the move started on the right foot.
- Sell Your Home For Cash: If you’re looking to sell a house fast in Oklahoma City, the best option is to connect with top-rated cash home buyers. They can provide a quick cash offer and help you complete the sale within a month.
- Call The Utility Companies: Let your utility provider know that you’re moving so that they can close the account and settle bills early; this way you don’t drag things out to the last minute.
- Set A Budget: Moving can be expensive. So, it’s a good idea to have a budget. Also, look for movers who will accommodate your needs.
- Compare Quotes From Several Movers: Check out all the available options and get quotes from at least three different movers. Go with the most budget-friendly option after you’ve done some browsing.
Organizing Your Stuff
Getting your stuff organized is the biggest challenge. Use these tips:
- Do A Closet Purge: If an article of clothing doesn’t fit, or you haven’t worn it in the last year, it’s time to get rid of it. You can donate it to a charity near you.
- Get Rid Of Unnecessary Items: Think of the move as a way to start afresh. Decide whether an item serves a purpose in your life or not; do you use it regularly? If not, it’s time to donate or sell it in a garage sale.
- Pack Now, Sort Later: Now is the time to pack and not overthink. Don’t pressure yourself to label and organize everything. Instead, just pack, pack, and pack. You can figure out the organizing later when you unpack.
Moving Day: How To Keep Cool
Moving day is not only super tiring but can also be super stressful. These hacks can help you complete the move with minimal stress.
- Pack A Cooler: To keep your moving crew energized throughout the day, pack a cooler with quick snacks and water bottles. If someone gets dehydrated midst moving, they won’t be able to help!
- Be Packed Up The Day Before Moving Day: Packing at the last minute can slow down the entire process. So, make sure you pack up everything the previous day. This way, you’re ready to get moving as soon as the rental truck arrives.
Moving out of state can be super stressful. Go a bit easier on yourself by following the hacks mentioned above. And, if you’re looking to sell your home quickly, reach out to Brick Town Home Buyers, the number one cash home buyer in Oklahoma City. We’ll buy your house as is; you won’t have to do any repairs. We’ll help you complete the sale super quick. Get a free offer today!